Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hello, sunshine

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when sky's are gray.  You'll never know dear, how much I love you.  Please don't take my sunshine away."




This is, and always has been, my favorite of all the children's songs there are. Growing up my mom used to sing this to me daily. Usually first thing in the morning, she would come in and start singing to me until I woke up for the day. Now that I am a mom I make a point every morning when my son wakes up, no matter how tired I am or how badly I just want to get back in bed, when I first look at him and pick him up I say to him, "Good morning sunshine!" And I give him the best smile I can muster. When Eli is older I want him to always remember how happy I am that he is in my life. And that starts now (actually it already started, really before he was even born).

So in just a matter hours, when he is waking me up and my mind is begging for just a little more sleep, instead I will get up and say, "Good morning, sunshine."





1 comment:

  1. Love this :) It's amazing how kids make us willing to get out of bed, even when we are so tired we think we want to die.

    ReplyDelete