Monday, March 4, 2013

Baby Wearing

So without even realizing it, I grew up in a pro (in both senses of the word) Attachment Parenting household.  My mom was the queen of extended breast feeding, baby wearing, and co-sleeping.  When I got married I swore up and down my child would not sleep in my bed and I thought I would be dying to be done breast feeding by sixth months.  And thank God I was so wrong!  I am perfectly happy with my son sleeping in his bed next to mine so I can bring him in for snuggles whenever he (I) need(s) them.  And breast feeding is probably the coolest thing EVER! You can bet I will be one of those moms that breastfeeds past year ;)

The one area of AP which I was totally for was Babywearing.  In fact, I was damn excited to be able to pick out my carriers and always have my baby close.  And people LOVE babywearing moms.  Every time I go out with Eli in the carrier everyone stops and smiles and look and at him him like he is the bees knees (which lets be real, he is ;D).  In the beginning we used the Moby wrap which we borrowed from Miss Megan and is was perfect for the tiny little peanut.


My all time favorite carrier is the Ergo.  It is the most comfortable contraption ever, and even better, it works from older kids as well as small babies.  


 
But do you know what people love more than babywearing moms?  That's right, babywearing dads.


That's our Sprout Pouch, it's Eli's current fav because he can face forward and look around, the others just put him to sleep ;-) 

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure baby wearing dads are the best things in the entire universe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby wearing dads are SEXY ;) haha

    ReplyDelete