Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Staying at home

Ladies and gents (let's be real, it's probably only my close girlfriends that will read this) I started a blog!

My name is Katie, I've been married to my husband Kyle for 1 year and 3 months and on October 31, 2012 we welcomed out first born, Mister Elias Ryan to our lives.

How is one an accidental stay at home mom you may ask? Well its quite the story. I never intended to stay home, I always assumed I would get too bored and be in dire need of adult interaction other than my husband.

That's why it came as a total shock to me when one week before I was to return to my office job, I started to panic.  I can't leave my baby, he's too little, he needs me, he's not ready, I'M NOT READY! However, I was not ready to admit these thoughts out loud, so I kept busy with prep work thinking once I was at work I'd be fine. WRONG! I was not fine, and to make it worse, I had the baby with me. I spent my entire first day back completely high strung feeling like I was failing because I wasn't doing either of my jobs 100%. Being at work with my baby I could neither give my all to my job nor my son, it was a balancing act I was definitely losing.

Well, it would seem God had a different plan for my working situation. At the end of my work day a few things about my scheduling drastically changed, all unforseen, and after looking at my finances I realized maybe I really wasn't ready, maybe my baby does need me, and MAYBE my husband and I don't  need me to work as bad as I thought? After accounting for all the expenses that go with being a working mom (gas, childcare, car maintenance, etc.) we decided that for the time being it would be better for me to take this time to be with our son.

I could not have felt happier or more relieved (this from the women who thought she'd be BORED at home) to know that, at least for now, I get to be home and spend my days with this GAWGEOUS face ;-)


2 comments: