Friday, February 8, 2013

Crafty moms know how to party!

So anyone who knows me knows that when I got pregnant I became OBSESSED with thebump.com.  Seriously though, it was a great resource for me when I was pregnant. When I had a question the first place I went was there. While I was on there I discovered the Birth Month message boards (again, thanks to Miss Megan! I am now sporting her button, go check out her blog!) As odd as it sounds, I became very close with this group of ladies who were all expecting in the month of October.  Over time a large group of us decided to split off thebump, and started a facebook group.  I won't lie to you all, most days I check the Patch Page (pumpkin patch as we call ourselves) before I check my actual news feed.

Now here's the craft part. Our group loves gift exchanges! We did a baby shower exchange while we were pregnant, baby's first ornament exchange for Christmas, a book exchange, and nowwww a craft exchange!

When I told Kyle about this he literally laughed at me! "What are you going to do! I've never seen you make ANYTHING!". Cue shocked and straight up offended wife! I AM CRAFTY!  I have always been crafty! I have a closet full of craft supplies at my parents house! And then I thought about it, I haven't made a single craft since I lived on campus in Northridge. And before that? Probably my sophomore year of high school? So sad!

So not only am I making a craft for the exchange, but I am making a vow to make more of my own things. Gifts, housewares, decorations. One, it feels good, and two, you can save so much money, and really, that's what my life is all about now. ;-)

So I start here, with my craft exchange gift.  Here's what I started with:


And here's the finished product:


Fashioned after the letters that can be purchased at Anthropologie, for a FRACTION of the price. And even though wrapping the yarn around that J was a pain in my arse,  it only took about an hour and a half to make. Damn, it feels good to be me ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment